Apktool v2.2.3 has been released! This is a bug fix release for Android O preview in addition to bug fixes regarding strings and 9patch images.
This release had some great enhancements added to 9patch images by phhusson. Apktool will now properly decode optical bounds image data in addition to not affecting the opacity of grey scale images. Internally the smali project was updated to version
If you missed the news, Apktool received its first sponsor from Sourcetoad. You can read about that here.
This release had 44 commits by 6 people.
- Connor Tumbleson (iBotPeaches) - 36 commits
- Pierre-Hugues HUSSON (phhusson) - 2 commits
- Marvin Killing (mkilling) - 2 commits
- Alexei Khlebnikov (alexeikh-promon) - 1 commit
- Frieder Bluemle (friederbluemle) - 1 commit
- Marc Miltenberger (MarcMil) - 1 commit
Changes since v2.2.2
- [#1453] - Android O Preview Support
- Updated to smali 2.2.1
- Updated internal aapt binaries to
- c2b35d4 - Don't enforce any reserved characters
- Upgrade gradle to
v3.5. (Thanks friederbluemle)
- Removed deprecated fatJar plugin in favor of shadowJar.
- Please see updated build instructions.
- Fix reading string length of UTF16 encoded strings. (Thanks alexeikh-promon)
- [#1481] - Fix issue changing default parameters on baksmali.
- [#1160] - Fixed issue with apktool locking access to input files. (Thanks MarcMil)
- [#1456] - Add support for animated vector drawables.
- [#1508] - Fixes decoding brightness. (Thanks phhusson)
- [#1498] - Prevent unknown file decode outside of archive. (Thanks mkilling)
- [#1511] - Fixes improper decoding of optical bounds in images. (Thanks phhusson)
This is an introductory release for support of Android O. An additional release may be required when the finalized O (8.0) release happens.
- Apktool 2.2.3
- Rename to
apktool.jarand follow the Instruction Guide if you need help.