Apktool v2.4.0 Released
Apktool v2.4.0 has been released! This is a overdue patch release, featuring fixes from all around the tool.
Last release (2.3.4) promised official support for select Android devices. I went back on this decision and turned down the merge request to bring in official Android support for Apktool. It's no secret that my AOSP knowledge (especially C++) is not good, this means taking a feature and making sure it survives is more of a challenge for me. Pairing this with the difficult and ever evolving feature of running binaries on Android, led me to ultimately turning down this feature.
On the front of aapt, we have an exciting announcement that Apktool is now fully tested on each commit on all three major operating systems - (Unix, Windows and Mac). Since we bundle aapt and appt2 in the Apktool binary, we need to ensure that those binaries work. We've unforunately regressed in Windows multiple times throughout the history of this tool and this change will hopefully prevent that from happening going forward.
This release was primarily produced by members of the open source community and I can't thank them enough. The logistical nightmare of open source projects leaves a never ending list of things to do. So when members of the community discover an issue and put forward a fix just puts a smile on my face.
This release was incremented to a new minor version (4) due to the requirement of Java 8.
This release had 69 commits by 6 people.
- Connor Tumbleson (iBotPeaches) - 49 commits
- Igor Eisberg - 15 commits
- Vincent Barthelemy - 2 commits
- Frieder Blumle - 1 commit
- Sebastian Rasmussen - 1 commit
- a-bahmani - 1 commit
Changes since 2.3.4
- [#1893] Updated baksmali/smali to v2.2.6
- [#1918] Fixed issue with new restriction with non-empty
ids.xmlfile. (Thanks gino247)
- [#1909] Fixed issue with
PlatformBuildVersionproperties changing to unexpected values. (Thanks gino247)
- [#1943] Fixed issue with pending v5 Gradle upgrade, by taking point release v4.10.2. (Thanks Frieder Blumle)
- [#1849] Added
no-crunchsupport via new parameters -
-nc | --no-crunch. (Thanks Novex)
- [#1975] Added automatic tests on Windows environment.
- [#1952] Fixed issue when decoding
.xsdfiles between aapt1/aapt2.
- [#1976] Fixed issue with decoding applications with a malformed chunk header. (Thanks sebras)
- [#1996] Fixed issue with Mac scripts stealing focus.
- [#1994, #1922] Fixed issue with
arrayresource bag items having wrong type. (Thanks vbarthel-fr)
- [#1522] Fixed issue with 9patch images missing vertical or horizontal divs. (Thanks IgorEisberg)
- Fixed issue with resolving references to non-standard framework files. (Thanks IgorEisberg)
- Fixed issue with resolving SDK Version Codes that were references. (Thanks IgorEisberg)
- Added 32bit binaries for
- Added ability for
api-levelto be passed to smali. (Thanks IgorEisberg)
- Applications are becoming more and more difficult to build with aapt1, using the
--use-aapt2flag during rebuild is a good test.
- Apktool 2.4.0
- Rename to
apktool.jarand follow the Instruction Guide if you need help.