Apktool v2.0.0 Released
Apktool v2.0.0 has been released! The
2.x release was started on May 19, 2013. Almost 2 years later it has finally been released. Now, we have had beta releases and release candidates for awhile so we didn't have a blackout of apktool for 23 months.
This release had 49 commits by the following 6 people
- Connor Tumbleson (iBotPeaches) - 41 commits
- Greg Leach (simtel12) - 3 commits
- Rover12421 - 2 commits
- thuxnder - 1 commit
- Jeremy Hornberger (jhornber) - 1 commit
- Furniel - 1 commit
With the release of
v2.0.0. Apktool will adopt Semantic Versioning.
Changes since RC4
- Android 5.1 Support
- New Apktool website since Googlecode is shutting down.
- [#658] - Fixed issue with double escaping of
<. (Thanks jhornber)
- [#840] - Add support for
- [#878] - Fixed issue with unknown files not respecting compression method. (Thanks simtel12)
- [#890] - Fixed issue with apktool branding apks with
- [#904] - Fixed issue with multiple dex files skipped when using
- [#636] - Fixed issue with
- Increased performance. (Thanks thuxnder & rover12421)
- Fixed issue decoding
.spifiles as 9 patch images. (Thanks Furniel)
If this is your first
v2.x release. Read the migration instructions here.
Android 5.1 support was added, so please delete the file at
$HOME/apktool/framework/1.apk before trying
2.0.0. A change in the internal framework requires this file to be deleted.
- Apktool 2.0.0 - md5
- Rename to
apktool.jarand follow Instruction Guide if you need help.
- Rename to