Apktool v2.3.1 Released
Apktool v2.3.1 has been released! This release finishes up Android Oreo support (8.1), adds a tiny new feature and full of bug fixes.
A new feature added is
--force-manifest. This allows you to decode a file using
apktool d -r -s --force-manifest
Which basically says. Decode this application, except for all the resources and sources, but still decode the manifest. For users who are only interested in the Manifest, this should help. We can see the speed increase from a large demo application.
--force-manifest --no-res --no-src : 8.1 seconds --force-manifest --no-res : 1 min 3 seconds
Other changes include continued fixes for applications that are intentionally attempting to break the decoding process. This includes outrageous large strings, fake resources that aren't attached to anything and improperly decoded namespaces of minified applications.
If you missed the news, Apktool received its first sponsor from Sourcetoad which has helped speed development of releases. You can read about that here.
This release had 23 commits by 4 people.
- Connor Tumbleson (iBotPeaches) - 20 commits
- minsko - 1 commit
- Nic Allen (Bricnic) - 1 commit
- rubenanagua - 1 commit
Changes since 2.3.0
- [#1667] - Android Oreo Support (8.1)
- [#1680] - Added
--force-manifestto decode only the AndroidManifest file. / Thanks rubenanagua
- [#1630] - Fixed issue with decoding files with shorthand SDK notation.
- [#1662] - Fixed issue decoding applications with raw font files. / Thanks minsko
- [#1634] - Fixed decoding application that skipped resource decoding.
- [#1587] - Fixed issue decoding applications large string.
- [#1683] - Fixed issue with applications that have repeated entry offsets. / Thanks Bricnic
- [#1157] - Fixed issue where non-system attributes were decoded as the system instead of user in minified applications.
This is a patch release for Android Oreo. Work has begun on a large scale change removing
aapt1 in favor of the new
- Apktool 2.3.1
- Rename to
apktool.jarand follow the Instruction Guide if you need help.